Image by bitzngigglesIngredients
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 cups milk, fat-free
- ¼ cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups yellow corn, frozen
- ¼ cup low fat cheddar cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Place the milk, flour, mustard and seasonings in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the skillet followed by the corn; mix well until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir frequently to keep the mixture from burning.
- Divide chowder into four serving bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 194 Fat: 2.6g Saturated fat: .68g Unsaturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 34.1g Sugar: 12.6g Sodium: 152.1 Fiber: 2.6g Protein: 11.5g