Image by bitzngigglesIngredients
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- Eggs, vegetable oil and water needed to prepare cake mix
- Vanilla frosting - store bought or your favorite recipe
- 25 - 30 large marshmallows
- Nonpareils, sprinkles or colored sugar
- M&Ms (I used the Easter M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a paper baking cup into each of the cups of the muffin pan.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box using the ingredients needed.
- Fill each muffin cup about ⅔ full.
- Bake as directed on cake mix box. Cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting.
- Dampen a kitchen shears with some water and cut the marshmallows into slices (figure 5 slices for each cupcake).
- Sprinkle each slice with nonpareils, sprinkles or colored sugar.
- Arrange the slices on the cupcakes in a flower shape (see notes below).
Tip: Use your fingers to pinch the end of the marshmallow while placing near the center of the cupcake.